Thank you to everyone at the Australian New Zealand Society of Biomechanics (ANZSB) and everyone involved in the organisation of the 12th Australasian Biomechanics Conference (ABC12).
Well done to the seven team members from the ARC Training Centre for Joint Biomechanics who took to the (virtual) stage to present, including:
- Dr. Hoa Hoang presented his work on femoral mechanics together with A/Prof.
- Saulo Martelli
- Marco Giuseppe Branni presented on the mechanical properties of the whole human femur
- Dr. Edmund Pickering presented a poster on trabecular bone adaptation in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis
- Dr. Bart Bolsterlee - presented on deep learning methods for automated measurement of lower leg muscle volumes from MRI scans of children with and without cerebral palsy
- Yilan (Olivia) Zhan - presented on the reconstruction of human subscapularis muscle architecture in vivo using diffusion tensor imaging.
- Maxence Lavaill - presented on statistical simulation of shoulder kinematics : a montecarlo approach.
A big thank you as well to our team members who contributed to the scientific program throughout the conference:
- Outgoing President of ANZSB Prof. Peter Pivonka who gave the opening address on Day 1
- Scientific session chairs: Prof. Peter Pivonka and Dr. Bart Bolsterlee
- Prof Rob Herbert giving the Day 1 closing remarks
- Industry partner of our Centre, Logemas, hosted the QLD based viewing of the conference on Day 2 and a networking event.
It was such a shame we couldn’t all be in Adelaide to attend the conference in person, however, we were very fortunate to have the ABC12 ANZSB community in QLD watch the conference together. A massive thank you to The University of Queensland's School of Human Movement Science for hosting day one and to Logemas for hosting day two of the ABC12 ANZSB Conference.
The Centre was proud to sponsor the People’s Choice Best Presentation Award – a huge congraluations to Daniel Devaprakash.
We are very excited to be a part of the organising committee for the next ANZSB conference – ABC13 – to be held in Brisbane in December 2022. Stay tuned for more updates on the conference proceedings!